Ankle injuries are a common workplace hazard, and they can be especially debilitating for workers who need to be on their feet all day. Workers compensation patient recovering from an ankle injury need a solution that will help them heal quickly and safely, while still allowing them to get back to work as soon as possible.
Here are just a few of the reasons why our external ankle brace, the TayCo Acute XAB Brace is the best solution for workers compensation patients:
- Allows patients to keep their shoes on: One of the biggest challenges of recovering from an ankle injury is having to wear a bulky walking boot. The Acute XAB is small and lightweight, so it can be worn over your shoe or workplace compliant boot. This allows you to continue to walk and perform everyday activities without having to sacrifice comfort, support, or onsite safety.
- Provides superior stability and support: The Acute XAB is designed to provide maximum stability and support for an ankle injury, which is essential for healing. It features a rigid shell and adjustable straps to keep a patient’s ankle in place to improve recovery and prevent further injury. This is especially important during job functions that require active mobility and potential stairs. Our study with Ball State University Biomechanics shows the Acute XAB is 96% as stable as a walking boot in a kinetic state, and does not affect the knee and hip in the same way as a walking boot.
- Comfortable to wear. The Acute XAB is made from durable materials with a breathable design that make it comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. It also features a padded liner to prevent chafing and irritation.
- Easy to put on and take off. The Acute XAB is easy to put on and take off. This makes it ideal for workers who need to be able to get back to work quickly and easily.
- Backed by research and experts. The Acute XAB is backed by research and experts who have proven its effectiveness in helping patients recover from ankle injuries. It is recommended by many orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists treating patients from elite Pro Football Players to workers and elderly patients. You can see all our research studies here.
Unlike the walking boot or CAM Boot, the Acute XAB provides the stability and support needed to heal, while still allowing patients to perform everyday activities and maintain their paycheck.
Here are some additional benefits of the TayCo XAB for workers compensation patients seeking an alternative to the walking boot:
- It can help to prevent further injury.
- It can help to speed up the healing process.
- It has an adjustable range of motion for each stage of recovery.
- It can help to reduce the need for medication.
- It can help to reduce the loss of work days, income, and productivity.
- It reduces muscle loss from the patient.
If you’re treating a workers compensation patient recovering from an ankle injury, TayCo Brace is the best solution. You can request a patient sample or call us today at (574) 968-0066 for more information.